Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Blog's Name

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus...
A name given for my blog. A Latin name. But why such a long name?

According to Google Translate, the meaning of it is "Never tickle a sleeping dragon". A strange kind of quote isn't it.

Actually, those letters were taken from the Hogwarts badge and since I'm a fan of Harry Potter, I find it quite interesting. I think the hidden meaning behind it is you shouldn't go look for trouble. The trouble here is in a form of a sleeping dragon (which means there's no trouble). And "Never tickle" here means don't go searching for one. Because nobody likes to be bothered when they're asleep. Even dragons I guess. As a conclusion, don't go look for trouble (maybe can once or twice...HAHA). And that's why I have such a long and strange name for a blog. I'm a fan of Harry Potter and I find it meaningful.

P/S: How about tickling a sleeping friend?(or a roommate? haha) I think it's acceptable if it's time to go to class..HAHA

There it is...huhu

3 comments:

Luqman Rohaizat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nvrbrplcd said...

wow. j.k. rowling guna bhs latin utk buat logo Hogwarts??
pelik. penat dh kot cipta perkataan pelik2 cam "sectumsempra", "muggle" etc.

Ace said...

a'ah kebnyknnyer bhs Latin..aq x pasti la berape bnyk perkataan die cipta cam "muggles" etc...but aq rse sume spell2 dlm HP ade root word die in Latin...huhu